Skip to main content

BBM and Monitoring Spirits!



Hey guys!
I hope you are all having a fantastic day?

This particular topic has left me wondering for such a long time, but the urge to write has never been there because I thought maybe it was going to reduce but hey! It's just getting worse and complicated.
I will make it simple and short.
It's obvious that BBM is no more biggie to everyone now, but what still amazes me is how it's being used. For me, I think your pin should be private and kept confidential and not for public display.
Some people go as far as writing it on Facebook and other social media platforms and tag it “here is my pin add me up”! When such people get added by some nuisance then they come out crying wolf. Whose fault is it when you get bothered or disturbed by some random people you don't know?
Another part of this BBM I find relatively interesting and also annoying at the same time is the monitoring spirits. Bearing in mind that these spirits could be people who pretend to be friends or even friends turned spirits.
At times you get an invite from someone you are not even close to and you keep wondering, why is she adding me up? It's not like she's my friend like that, but you know, maybe because we don't want such people to feel offended, you accept their invites. Alas! The beginning of a mistake if you asked me.
The so called friends or acquaintance you are familiar with are also just there at times monitoring all that's happening in your life. The one that baffles me most is the personal message (s) and display pictures some people put up….Gosh!!! You see some people’s personal messages, and you will be like seriously????
Messages or displays that indirectly refer to someone as enemy bla bla....for example, a personal message like “u check my Dp and You hiss that’s ur own headache”. Trust me guys I have seen more than I can even put up here and I’m sure you all can relate to this.

I want to believe our contacts should be the people we are friends with, people we are happy to make friends with and people who are willing to contribute to our lives positively and not people who make us feel unsecured and full of envy. Some people add you up and never chat you up. Not even to wish you well on any of the days you are celebrating a certain milestone in your life. Yet they don't want to delete you off their contacts simply because they want to know how well or badly you are doing in life. Please save yourself some hassle and press the DELETE button.

Honestly guys, Life can be as easy as we want it to be. Life is too short to hold grudges. Let's make the best out of life and save ourselves unnecessary attitudes. I’m not trying to sound mean, but its the honest truth. Honestly, this act will bring so much relief knowing fully, even if it’s just 3 people you have as contact, at least you are cool with them and not the people that will make you sin more, if you get what I mean.

You can agree or disagree with this post. It's a free world. Just thought I’d let this out someday………I'm glad I just did!


Comments

Unknown said…
Looool sis. On a particular day, I took off 150 contacts! Yes, I ain't even lying. These people were doing nothing but sitting pretty on my list, knowing what's going on. I just took them off and left very close people. Even those ones might get shuffled soon :d
Unknown said…
Looool sis. On a particular day, I took off 150 contacts! Yes, I ain't even lying. These people were doing nothing but sitting pretty on my list, knowing what's going on. I just took them off and left very close people. Even those ones might get shuffled soon :d
Unknown said…
I totally agree with you bj. The smart move is to press the ignore button once u get such invites mehn😏
Unknown said…
I totally agree with you bj. The smart move is to press the ignore button once u get such invites mehn😏
Anonymous said…
I strongly concur with this post. Infact God bless you for this post hehe! People are mean. Monitoring everywhere.
some even pretend not to be active on bbm but trust me all na lie.
some form busy and dont change dps , pls tell me what bbm is for?
some see ur dp and pms and they are like kai she changes dp too much bla bla, abeg if u are not ok with that kindly delete yourselves.
some save up ur dp and they share with other friends for either reasons, either to make fun or appreciate what u ve worn.
wait until u are celebrating something and watch people unveil ur pics..... Mehnnnnn its crazy LMAO.
Life na jeje abeg.
Unknown said…
I concur! This post just made my day mehn! Holy Ghost fire, please burn the "spirits".....Lmao
Anonymous said…
As much as it seems annoying...We all ve to agree that we ve done Wat we r also accusing these people of doing....its nt everyone u chat with on a constant basis, if someone saves ur picture n uses it when u r celebrating something, u sud be appreciative nt turning it into people monitoring u...We all cant be d same, it's what makes life more interesting. However, I agree that bbm sud be about people who r close to you n nt just random people. BJ more grease to ur elbow.
mobolaji said…
150 contacts plenty ooo LOL
Unknown said…
Right on point!!! Such is the attitude of most people on social media these days who pretend to be 'friends' but are everything but 'friends'.

Popular posts from this blog

Take Pride In Building A Home

As parents, there are some basic things we shouldn't turn deaf ears to. Even though it might be hard to be there 100%, at least some things shouldn't be ignored. Irrespective of the part of the country or the world we all live  in, this can serve as a general guide to all parents. Some people believe taking care of a child and instilling discipline in them is solely the role of a woman but honestly it's not. Togetherness in parenting I believe will bring out the best in our children

Chronicles Of Motherhood

Motherhood is one heck of a job on its own if you asked me. It's a feeling full of loads of achievement and fulfillment. This milestone in a woman's life is so key and special. There is this feeling that comes with it that cannot just be explained. I call it a magical feeling.... This very moment, our lives changed forever.

Welcome Back Guys!!! Wondering Why I haven't Been Blogging???

Hi Guys!!! It feels so good to be back here. I didn't think I was going to leave this for too long but you know, this life is full of the unknown!!! Life is full of ups and downs and we all struggle one way or the other to make ends meet. The past year has been very challenging and difficult with a lot of transitions and transformations but I'm thankful to God to be back hale and hearty.