Skip to main content

Chronicles Of Motherhood

Motherhood is one heck of a job on its own if you asked me. It's a feeling full of loads of achievement and fulfillment. This milestone in a woman's life is so key and special. There is this feeling that comes with it that cannot just be explained. I call it a magical feeling.... This very moment, our lives changed forever.

Parenting skills varies and there are no set rules or procedures as to how a child should be raised, I tell you what? Just move with the flow.......
I have so many expectant mums ask me how I cope and juggle stuffs with my children and I'm like don't worry, you will just be fine. You will just find yourself fitting into the roles....
That is the power and might Almighty have given women. The ability to switch roles, multi task is nothing compared to none.
Being African mother, I have heard a lot from people, this is how you should carry your child, don't cover her head, wear her thick clothes,bath him or her with palm oil, use this , use that blah blah...
I bet Africans, especially Nigerians like me who live in obodoyinbo can relate to this...LOL.
At times you even get confused on what to do, but It's just easy, do whatever is right for your child/children. As far as you are comfortable and happy, then the rest is secondary.
However way you are taking care of your child/children, I want to use this medium to commend all the efforts and energy channeled. You are doing a fantastic job.
Don't let comments from people out there make you feel otherwise or less a woman. People need to understand that our choice of words and utterances to people goes a long way and we should be mindful of this.
I have heard people who haven't even given birth to a child complain about  how a particular family handles their children and this baffles me.
I'd just say to myself, lets wait and see how you will handle yours when the time comes because honestly its as simple as that. It is easier said than done, right?
Taking care of a child comes with a lot of hard work talk more about taking care of a home, and having to combine with our professional lives. The fact that a certain technique has worked for you doesn't mean that it will for me, and the fact that you have advised someone about a certain technique you used or are using for your home doesn't make it right.
I will always be an advocate for praising women because we are specially made. We are made with rare and outstanding minds, full of emotions, and yet we stand and stay firm. We are unique in our own different ways.
God bless all mums and aspiring mums to be!!!

I can hear some men envying us already... Hehe.... Una own post too dey come biko..LMAO. Make una help us manage this one.

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice write up...Thumbs up👍🏻
Anonymous said…
Lovely n very true.
Pearl said…
Well said darling
Unknown said…
Being a real woman is super human... Respect!!!
Unknown said…
Women are extraordinary human beings . Well said

Popular posts from this blog

Take Pride In Building A Home

As parents, there are some basic things we shouldn't turn deaf ears to. Even though it might be hard to be there 100%, at least some things shouldn't be ignored. Irrespective of the part of the country or the world we all live  in, this can serve as a general guide to all parents. Some people believe taking care of a child and instilling discipline in them is solely the role of a woman but honestly it's not. Togetherness in parenting I believe will bring out the best in our children

Mercy Aigbe and hubby Finally tie the knot, Share cute romantic moments

Mercy is such a fashionista! Always on point. Love me some Mercy...... They got married today at Ikoyi Registry, Lagos.  They already had their traditional marriage years back but just decided to make it legal. Massive congrats to Mr and Mrs Gentry.