Skip to main content

Children and Mobile Phones!!!

Hi Guys! How is your day going? For me, I’m still trying to strike a balance with work and having to write something on the blog. One thing I know is certain, I will surely get there.

There has been this argument going on between some couples and friends that I would like to share with you guys.
The question is, what age do you think is appropriate for a child to have his/her own personal mobile phone?
Looking at the world we are today, even a baby can have his /her own mobile phone. Don't mind me jare I’m just trying to tell you it’s no biggie to some parents anymore.
Because of the ever evolving world, Science and Technology, It seems we have forgotten our route and responsibilities as parents.
I know there are no set rules or formulas on how you should raise your child, but you know, we can always learn from people with past experiences either positively or negatively.

So guys, let’s discuss this at length and hopefully comments here can help some people / families out there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
To be honest, I think there is no appropriate age but when the time comes or when the need for phone arises. Left to me, I won't buy a phone that has all the social media apps just yet. I will buy a phone mainly for receiving and dialing out period. Children of nowadays gets exposed to so many things through social media and what their peer groups are doing.
Some parents go as far as buying latest phones just for an 8 year old child. I mean why should that be. They do this all in the name of proving they have the money but honestly it's not needed. I still think simple and basic phone would do if at all for an 8 year old
Anonymous said…
My view is that once a child is responsible enough then they can have a phone to communicate in cases of emergencies. I would perhaps say from when they commence secondary School i.e. year 7 (aged 11) but would agree with anonymous above that there be no social media apps etc. This is an argument that is raised in my line if work each time between parents and the important thing is that children should be children and not be allowed to grow up too soon therefore it is our role as parents to protect and nurture them, not the role of social media.
Anonymous said…
For me I would say age 10 or rather when he or she starts secondary sch
Anonymous said…
For me too I think when d child is responsible enough....n it's just going to be a phone dat can be used to call out n receive without apps.....just like other people said.

Popular posts from this blog

Chronicles Of Motherhood

Motherhood is one heck of a job on its own if you asked me. It's a feeling full of loads of achievement and fulfillment. This milestone in a woman's life is so key and special. There is this feeling that comes with it that cannot just be explained. I call it a magical feeling.... This very moment, our lives changed forever.

Mercy Aigbe and hubby Finally tie the knot, Share cute romantic moments

Mercy is such a fashionista! Always on point. Love me some Mercy...... They got married today at Ikoyi Registry, Lagos.  They already had their traditional marriage years back but just decided to make it legal. Massive congrats to Mr and Mrs Gentry.  

Take Pride In Building A Home

As parents, there are some basic things we shouldn't turn deaf ears to. Even though it might be hard to be there 100%, at least some things shouldn't be ignored. Irrespective of the part of the country or the world we all live  in, this can serve as a general guide to all parents. Some people believe taking care of a child and instilling discipline in them is solely the role of a woman but honestly it's not. Togetherness in parenting I believe will bring out the best in our children